New beginnings

Cairns - one sleep to go...

The alarm is set for 4am, the bags are packed but I doubt we find the good night sleep we are hoping for. And that's not because I need to watch the Men's Wimbledon Final! So I try to find a bit of calm and peace by letting a few thoughts percolate through the darkness of our hotel room. Now that the big toes have been dipped into the Pacific Ocean on a beautiful sunny Port Douglas day I am at peace with the ending of Coddiwomple. For a while everything happened so fast. Our story written while travelling on a bicycle for most of the first half of 2022 seemed to disappear in the excitement and planning of the next adventure. And I wasn't ready to let it go as yet. But now I am.

Spending time with Mick and Fran at their little caravan kingdom in Cairns allowed us to recharge, relax and reconnect. We are so grateful for every conversation shared, for the encouraging messages and the kind thoughts. We take them with us, way out West, where we hope to find tasty new beginnings and a new flavour of life. 

It is soon time to switch from ready, set, pedal to ready, set, cook! Somewhere along the way I saw the slogan "life is in the detours" and I have the feeling that we may just about to embark on one. Whether there will be a "Coddiwomple on detour" blog remains to be seen. 

But for now let's get cookin' and spread the love!

Ready for a new beginning.



Comments

  1. All the best on today's big series of 'connections'. It was in 2015 in Switzerland that Joe and I made a similar three 'connections' but with trains, not aircraft. Send us a postal address when you are ready xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a little intimidated expressing myself after reading your amazing posts from the past 5 months or so - I reckon you two should could find a gig in travel publishing. It's been one hellava journey. I'm sure the next phase of the adventure will have nearly as many twists and turns as your previous 6600kms. See how you go introducing a few vego meals!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing! We read all the comments, replies depend on internet connection and energy levels.

Popular posts from this blog

Accidents happen

Learning a new language

Generation Z's perspective